Dear New SAVIR Center Member:
Center Membership has many benefits including:
- Individual membership for the Center Director
- Direct representation on the SAVIR Council of Centers
- Networking with dozens of Injury Research and Trauma Centers
- Collaboration with hundreds of other injury and violence researchers and practitioners
- Training and education opportunities designed to mentor future injury control researchers and practitioners
- The opportunity to host a future SAVIR National Conference
- Free on-line access to the BMJ journal Injury Prevention
- Access to SAVIR member's Injury Course Syllabi
- Access to Advocacy Training and Resources
- Alerts to your center on national policy activities related to injury research
- Disseminating information about your Center through SAVIR's website.
The annual Center Membership is $300. A Center Membership also provides a discounted rate for Professional members who are affiliated with your Center: $75 per Professional member and $35 for Student members.
JOIN NOW! Please print out the membership application (in either PDF or Word format). (We are unable to process CENTER applications on-line. We apologize for this inconvenience.)
Organizational Membership Application (Center or Affiliate) (.pdf)
Organizational Membership Application (Center or Affiliate) (.doc)
The SAVIR Website offers several opportunities and tools for you to help publicize and document the work of your Center or Institution. Please review the following sections for your Center and add or update information as needed.
- Center Member List – Please send to the SAVIR Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) any updated information for the Web location (URL) of your Center website and contact information for the Director. *The general format for this information is shown in the following example:
Center for Injury Research and Policy
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health*
Baltimore, MD 21205-1996
Director: Andrea Gielen, ScD
Phone: (410)955-2397 Fax: (410)614-2797
* CDC Injury Control Research Center since 1987
- Center Description – The SAVIR website automatically rotates in a short description of each member center. Please send to Karen Zuri email@example.com about a 100 word description of your Center so it can be added to the web site.
- Course Syllabi – This is a listing, by Center, of injury-related courses with links to their syllabi. The links can either be directly to the syllabus on your own website (please provide us the URL) or we can post the document on our website. If you wish the latter, please email to us any updated or new syllabi as a Word document.
Thanks very much for your cooperation. Please call (202) 955-3116 or email us if you have any questions, problems or suggestions.